xoom factory reset and restore kitkat
Reset xoom without restoring apps?
During initial setup, setup everything but internet connection. Wait till you get to home screen, go to settings, then disable your restore, then setup your WiFi.
Automatic Restore – Motorola XOOM 4G LTE (MZ602)
Disable Automatic restore prior to a performing a hard (factory) reset when attempting to determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue.
- From the home screen, select Apps (located in the upper right).
- Select Settings.
- Select Back up my data.
- Ensure Backup account is checked.
- To enable automatic restoration of backed up settings and other data after an application has been re-installed ensure Automatic restore is checked.
Automatic restore is disabled if a check mark is not present.
Motorola Xoom – xda-developers Motorola Xoom Still Alive and Kicking, Receives Functional KitKat
Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device.
WARNING: When using this feature; everything is deleted, including Dungeon Defenders and some pre-loaded music.
It is STRONGLY recommended that you backup before performing a reset. Click here for information on how to back up your files.
Perform a factory reset using the settings menu
To Perform a Reset:
- From the home screen, touch Apps
- Touch Settings
- Touch Privacy
- Touch Factory data reset
- Check the Erase USB storage box if you would like to erase all content stored.
- Touch Reset tablet and follow the onscreen instructions